Specialist in Powder Technologies to BONESUPPORT AB
About the position
Here is the opportunity to take on an expert role in Powder Technologies at Bonesupport. You will with your high competences, contribute to improve the current CERAMENT products and take part in the development of modified/new bone graft substitutes, in a company where the passion for the products is noticeable.
As the expert in Powder Technologies, you will be involved in the core business products of Bonesupport. You will take part in improvements and development, as the subject matter expert, both internally and externally. You will provide deep scientific knowledge in the understanding of powders and their characteristics. You will be the expert advisory in problem solving related to this area, with the competence to provide insights from research and development, including scaling up to production.
Depending on which strengths you bring, you will also be part of shaping the role going forward.
• Be responsible in driving research activities/projects, which concern the ceramic (Calcium Sulfate and Calcium Phosphate) part of our products
• Strengthen product research and development together with the existing team
• Act as Project Manager in selected projects and as a project member in other projects
• Plan, perform and report on investigations, verifications, and validations
• Explore advanced material characterization methods and analytical techniques, for deeper understanding and concrete application in the use for product portfolio
• Transfer knowledge
• Preferably a Ph.D. in inorganic Chemistry or Chemical Engineering in Ceramics, Powder Technology, Material science, Mineralogy and a minimum of 2 years work experience from the industry OR M.Sc. in inorganic Chemistry or Chemical engineering and 5 years + work experience from the industry
• Experience in advanced material characterization methods and analytical techniques, such as: ICP / FTIR / BET / XRD / SEM / Raman spectrometry / LC-MS / ESCA / and AFM
• Knowledge in the areas of colloid and surface chemistry, dissolution, precipitation, trace elements, foreign phase content, crystallinity, elemental impurities, specific surface area and particle size distribution
• Experience in transferring research and/or processes from lab to production
• Experience in powder processing methods
• English written and spoken
Nice to have:
• Experience from medical device or pharma industry
• Experience in project management
• Experience in bone graft substitutes
• Understanding of ISO 13485 and documentation requirements according to design control processes
• Experience in Medical Device Regulations
• A broad international network in relevant areas
At Bonesupport we value personal skills as much as professional qualifications, and in this role, personality is crucial for success. To succeed in the role, we see that you bring the following personal competences:
• Strong collaboration and excellent communication skills
• You are result orientated and feel comfortable to deliver in a high pace environment.
• You are analytical and prioritise quality
• The ability to quickly get involved in new tasks
About the organisation
At Bonesupport you will be working together with skilled, dedicated people who enjoy working in a fast growing and innovative organization. We offer a dynamic and stimulating workplace and strive for generating great teamwork, innovation, passion, and performance. We believe in our journey and take pride in what we do!
BONESUPPORT (Nasdaq Stockholm: BONEX) develops and commercializes innovative injectable bio-ceramic bone graft substitutes that remodel to the patient’s own bone and have the capability of eluting drugs. BONESUPPORT’s bone graft substitutes are based on the patented technology platform CERAMENT. The company is conducting several clinical studies to further demonstrate the clinical and health economic benefits its products deliver. The company is based in Lund, Sweden, and the net sales amounted to SEK 213 million in 2021. Please visit www.bonesupport.com for more information.
BONESUPPORT and CERAMENT are registered trademarks of BONESUPPORT AB.
QRIOS Life Science & Engineering is supporting BONESUPPORT AB on this recruitment. QRIOS is a recruitment and consulting company that is strongly inspired by those who never stop looking for new solutions. As we say, QRIOS MINDS GO FURTHER
We are interviewing candidates on a continuous basis and welcome your application today.