Development Engineer / Senior Scientist to iCellate
We are now looking to expand our CTC team with a development engineer. Candidates should have a background in biotechnology, biophysics, biochemistry, or similar fields. We are looking for individuals with previous experience in product and device development and microfiltration in life science.
You will work with the development of in vitro diagnostic technical platform with the aim to take analysis of circulating tumor cells (CTC) for personalized cancer treatment and early cancer diagnosis to the market. You are offered an exciting and developing workplace with dedicated colleagues and the opportunity to help customers and patients get an individual genetic interpretation to provide individual risk assessments, treatment suggestions and more. If this sounds interesting to you – join us on our journey!
The position is full-time with placement in Solna. We evaluate applications on an ongoing basis and welcome your application today!
About the position
• Development of automized in vitro diagnostic technical platform for detection and analysis of CTCs, which includes:
– Technical development of processes for enrichment, detection, and analysis of CTCs
– Automation of the CellMate CTC analysis platform
– Laboratory work related to the responsibilities above
– Provide scientific and practical technical expertise knowledge of the physical and biophysical aspects of the CTC analysis process
– Provide scientific and practical technical expertise around microfiltration and automation.
– Lead work with external experts and consultants in the work to automation the CellMate CTC analysis platform
• Write and review methods and quality documentation.
• Working with internal procedures according to the international laboratory standard for medical laboratories ISO15189.
We are looking for you who has:
• Ph.D, or MSc in biotechnology, biophysics, biochemistry, or related fields. Alternatively, engineer with biotechnology background with multiple years of relevant experience.
• Experience in product and device development of microfiltration-based processes in life science.
• Experience of working with automated workflows in microfiltration and/or cell separation
• Good knowledge of English in both speech and writing.
• Knowledge of Swedish is an advantage.
• Dedication, curiosity, and drive.
Strong plus for the position include:
• Experience from in vitro diagnostic product development.
• Experience of working with cells.
• Experience from working with analysis of patient samples.
• Experence from working under ISO13485, ISO15189 or ISO17025.
We’re looking for a motivated candidate with a high sense of responsibility who genuinely cares about our patients’ and customers’ best interests. You should be an analytical and structured person who enjoys working independently and systematically with high quality and deliver your work effectively and in a timely fashion. It is essential that you enjoy scientific development, challenges and working in new areas, and have a problem-solving mindset. Strong communication and team working skills are required.
About the organisation
iCellate develops and provides Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) based diagnostic services in the areas of hereditary cancer, cancer diagnostics and personalized cancer treatment. We provide the in-house developed service GeneMate® which analyzes genomic DNA for increased risk of hereditary cancers and our R&D focuses on liquid biopsy NGS based analyses of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) and circulating tumor cells (CTC) for personalized cancer treatment and early cancer diagnosis.
iCellate was founded in 2011. The technology is based on research from Karolinska Institute in collaboration with Karolinska University Hospital and the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. Over the years, the company has received many awards from Swedish and international institutions and companies. iCellate is a medical laboratory registered by IVO and accredited according to the international laboratory standard for medical laboratories ISO15189.
To know more about iCellate, visit us at: www.icellate.se